2009年9月28日星期一

Some ideas of Qi Zhang's performance

Zhang Qi, she is actually study from the same teacher with my high school classmate, who is now studying in Shanghai Conservatory of Music. For understand better about Zhang Qi, I asked my classmate some questions about her. To be frank, I thought she was a teenage girl when I saw the video at first. She is 26 years old, and everybody thinks she is awesome. All right, let’s work this out musically. The piece she played on the video is called "The Love for Three Oranges", an orchestral suite by Prokofiev. I would not talk about technique, because her technique is extremely perfect. Therefore, I am going to explore this piece. This is an orchestral music, so we need to realize the instrumentation. Zhang Qi’s performance represented that she totally understood vocal principle in each instrument, for instance, if you listen carefully, you may find out she used different techniques to express both different sounds between brass and woodwind. In addition, her tonal handling was very in place. This made her sounds very close to an orchestral. Thus I think she is absolutely a genius.

1 条评论:

  1. Excellent post Wayne - you have really considered the subject and expressed yourself well - well done.

    回复删除